Skip to main content
Independent Living Search
Azteca Grilled Salmon Quesadillas
- 1 (8 ounces) salmon fillet * 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Azteca flour tortillas
- ½ fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup canned, chopped mild green chiles, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salsa or pico de gallo (optional)
- Preheat grill 5 minutes.
- Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with cumin.
- Grill salmon 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Transfer to plate; flake with fork.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over half of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border. Top with salmon, jalapeño, chilies and more cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing to seal. Brush with remaining oil.
- Carefully scrape or wipe hot grill clean. Grill quesadilla 3 to 4 minutes until browned and cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with cilantro cream. Garnish with salsa or pico de gallo, if desired.