POSTING #: 22-085
TWC JOB ORDER: 15479433
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: PART TIME; Day Shift
OPENING DATE: 8/15/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION /GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Plans with other members of the Outreach team and TSBVI staff to provide comprehensive services to local schools and agencies that serve students with visual impairments.
- Consults with Education Service Centers and local education agency personnel regarding needed services for students with visual impairments; assists such personnel with the design and implementation of appropriate programming.
- Provides technical assistance and coaching to local direct service providers concerning individual student’s programming.
- Develops original resources to support appropriate programming for students with visual impairment. May include written articles, web-based modules, videos, blog entries, etc.
- Coordinates/provides training at an individual, small group or formal workshop level.
- Participates with other members of the Outreach team in the development and implementation of statewide and regional conferences on topics related to programming and evaluation.
- Develops and/or collects and maintains appropriate materials that may be used in consulting, providing technical assistance, assisting families, or other aspects of the duties of the position.
- Maintains documentation of outreach activities.
- Accesses and develops professional expertise through participation in a variety of activities such as conferences, workshops, course work, and personal research.
- Demonstrates knowledge/comfort with using various conferencing software used by districts.
- Significant travel.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Have or be eligible to receive a Texas teacher certificate with endorsement in Visual Impairments.
- At least five years of experience as a TVI with a wide range of students with visual impairments in public school settings, with experience as an itinerant TVI.