***MALE APPLICANTS ONLY***
WORKING TITLE: Travel Chaperone
STATE CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Direct Support Professional III
DEPARTMENT: Weekends Home
POSTING #: 24-008
TWC JOB ORDER #:
MONTHLY SALARY: $1,750.00 – $1,835.00
SHIFT: 20 HOURS/WEEK Friday 1:30pm-11:30pm, and Sundays 9:00am-7:00pm OR Friday 12:00pm-11:00pm, and Sunday 8:00am-7:00pm. Schedule may shift to Thursday and/or Monday approximately once a month. Applicants must be available all these days.
OPENING DATE: 9/27/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 5123 / A12
$500 recruitment bonus available for a limited time (contact HR for details)
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Accompanies students to and from their home communities on weekend trips, ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Supervises and assists students at departure, during the trip, and at all stops.
- Participates as a member of student teams and implements the student’s educational plans during the weekends home trips.
- Fosters the education of the students in academic, daily living, leisure time and social skills based upon the programs written by the teachers and team.
- Maintains Vehicles and weekends home facilities so as to provide for safe transportation of students and a safe environment.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Skill in working harmoniously with children and adults.
- Must know or be willing to learn basic sign language (for certain assignments).
- Must have sufficient physical strength to assist in lifting and/or transferring students up to adult age.
- Ability to communicate, receptively and expressively, through both sign language and oral speech, or just oral speech, with ASL fluent and non-signing staff and students.
- Former students who apply must not have been enrolled as students for the past three years
- One-year full-time experience as a Residential Instructor at TSBVI OR one-year full-time experience in a closely related direct care capacity.
- Skill in using sign language.
- Experience working with children.
- CPR and First Aid certification.