POSITION: Travel Accountant
POSTING #: 22-076
TWC JOB ORDER#:
MONTHLY SALARY: Depending on qualifications
SHIFT: Monday – Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
OPENING DATE: 7/8/2022
CLOSING DATE: 7/13/2022
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 1018 / B19
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Audits travel reimbursement vouchers for accuracy and completeness and ensures supporting documentation is present. Analyzes and processes travel vouchers for both advance and regular travel reimbursements.
- Responds to internal and external customers ‘inquiries both verbally and in writing, concerning voucher changes and payment status. Provides exchanges, or verifies information, answers inquiries, addresses issues, and resolves problems or complaints.
- Determines accuracy of travel claims and appropriate coding for data entry.
- Travel Advance reconciliation.
- Serves as the backup cashier. Receipts all monies received at the time of receipt and maintains official receipt books and accounting records.
- Prepares, processes and validates journal vouchers, accounting documents and transactions and initiates corrective action where necessary. Batches cash receipts and disbursements for Treasury, Travel Advance Fund, Revolving Fund, Student Activity, and Student Trust Fund documents for Data Entry in CAPPS.
- Delivers and picks up warrants and mail. Acts as liaison for Business Office with students, staff, parents, and other interested parties as they enter the office. Operates the Petty Cash Fund, Student Trust Change Fund, and Student Activity Fund, including processing timely requests for reimbursement and obtaining appropriate authorization prior to disbursement.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or a related business field with one year of experience in accounting or related field. May substitute 5 years or more of full-time accounting experience for required education.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Experience processing state travel vouchers.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or a related business field.
- Experience using USAS (Uniform Statewide Accounting System) or CAPPS (Centralized Accounting and Personnel/Payroll Systems).
- Experience processing state travel vouchers and/or travel card transactions is preferred.
- Two years of experience processing state travel vouchers.
- Experience processing revenue deposits.