DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 22-049
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15337843
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm
OPENING DATE: 5/11/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Cooperates with other teachers in planning and implementing the unique instructional program for students who are deafblind.
- Works with the team members in identifying and solving problems related to students in school, dormitory, and community environments.
- Diagnoses and assesses student needs to determine instructional goals and objectives.
- Utilizes teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Assists in the selection of programs, equipment and materials to meet the needs of students.
- Supervises aides, and all others assigned.
- Performs assignments effectively relating to all department and school policies and procedures.
- Utilizes equipment and facilities in the most effective manner to support the instructional program.
- Promotes positive relations through effective communication and involvement with family, appropriate agencies, and community members to meet individual student needs.
- Utilizes professional classroom management techniques to assist students in learning.
- Continues professional growth and development.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcript(s)]
- Must have Texas Special Education EC-12 and elementary level certifications.
- Must have or be willing to obtain the Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments supplemental certification within a specified period of time.
- Must have or be willing to obtain ESL certification within a specified period of time.
- Must have experience working with students who are deafblind.
- Must have proficiency with Sign Language.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Texas Tech Deafblind graduate certificate or equivalent preferred