POSITION: Staff Learning & Development Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
POSTING #: 22-038
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15243426
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary will commensurate with experience
OPENING DATE: 4/5/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 1784 / B19
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, develops, reviews, revises, and implements training programs to include course curriculum, instructional methods, training aids, instructor/student manuals, and other related training materials.
- Coordinates and/or delivers on-going training.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation (NEO) and delivers assigned training.
- Evaluates and analyzes training needs and content for accessibility; and recommends changes to make content accessible and remediates accessibility issues.
- Coordinates all activities of the school’s annual in-service week, including procuring presenters and organizing all logistics (scheduling, rooms, media equipment, evaluation materials).Conducts or arranges for a variety of other training experiences as needed.
- Manages learning management system (LMS) to include metrics, reporting, instructional design, creating courses and adding sessions, and user support.
- Regularly assesses effectiveness of training in terms of participant accomplishments and performance to document feedback results to help identify strengths as well as area of improvement.
- Tracks all required licenses/certifications in CAPPS (PeopleSoft) and monitors for expiring credentials.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years’ experience in creating, coordinating and delivering classes or courses in adult learning situations.
- High-level organizational and training skills.
- Experience with learning management system.
- Must be able to move and setup equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Must obtain BLS CPR certification within 2 months of hire. Then must apply as BLS CPR Instructor candidate and take the next available instructor course and obtain.
- Must obtain Texas Educators’ Ethics Training of Trainers (TOT) certification at first available opportunity.
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP).
- Knowledge of adapting print materials for users who are visually impaired.