WORKING TITLE: Short-Term Programs Teacher Aide III
STATE CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Teacher Aide III
DEPARTMENT: Short-Term Programs
POSTING #: 24-018
TWC JOB ORDER #: 16387334
MONTHLY SALARY: Depending on Qualifications
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:15am-3:15pm, and some weekends
OPENING DATE: 01/17/2024
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 0814 / A15
$500 recruitment bonus available for a limited time (contact HR for details)
Ways to Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides instructional monitoring and support, as directed by teachers.
- Assists students in getting to and from their instructional settings, cafeteria, Health Center, and other settings as needed; monitors students in the cafeteria as needed.
- Effectively uses technology to communicate, organize work, document student performance, and create or obtain instructional materials under teacher direction.
- Learns and uses effective teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Transports class to community activities using state vehicles or other transportation method.
- Effectively implements all department and school policies and procedures.
- Works with residential staff to coordinate programming for students.
- Completes all assigned in-service training.
- Uses effective teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Perform related work as assigned
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Completion of two years of college (60 hours if institution considers 15 hours/semester as full-time or 48 hours if institution considers 12 hours/semester full-time) with coursework in child development, education, psychology, vocational or related field preferred (Original college or university transcript(s) required at time of interview)
OR One year of experience working with children with disabilities plus one year of college plus a passing score on a local or state paraprofessional assessment**
OR Two years of experience working with children with disabilities plus a passing score on a local or state paraprofessional assessment**
**If the applicant selected for the position has not passed a local or state assessment, the applicant will be offered the position contingent upon passing the TSBVI paraprofessional assessment administered during the interview
- Must receive TEA certification as an Educational Aide III (at your own expense) within 6 months of beginning employment.
- Must have sufficient physical strength to assist in lifting and/or transferring students up to adult age
- Good writing and data collection skills
- Ability to communicate, receptively and expressively, through oral speech with students
- Completion of college-level coursework in child development, education, psychology, vocational or closely related field.
- Experience working with children and youth with disabilities in a classroom or work setting.
- Familiar with Braille.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Completion of training related to students with visual and multiple impairments.
- Approved to drive state vehicles.