Short-Term Programs Teacher
POSITION: Short-Term Programs Teacher
POSTING #: 22-042
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15215928
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm; some weekends; flexibility required
OPENING DATE: 4/5/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Essential Job Functions
- Creates academic and technology curriculum for new short-term (school year) and summer classes.
- Plans and prepares for short-term and summer classes.
- Assesses student needs to address instructional goals and objectives.
- Teaches short-term program classes; both in-person and via distance learning platforms.
- Assists in coordinating summer programs.
- Supervises aides, and all others assigned.
- Performs assignments effectively relating to all department and school policies and procedures.
- Utilizes equipment and facilities in the most effective manner to support the instructional program.
- Promotes positive relations through effective communication and involvement with family, appropriate agencies, and community members to meet individual student needs.
- Utilizes professional classroom management techniques to assist students in learning.
- Continues professional growth and development.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of college or university transcript(s)].
- Must have Texas Special Education EC-12 and elementary or secondary level.
- Must have or be willing to obtain the Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments supplemental certification (TVI) within a specified period of time.
- Experience working with students who demonstrate on grade-level academic skills.
- Proficiency with Google tools (Google Certified Educator).
- Knowledge of various screen-readers including JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Master’s degree in Education, Visual Impairments or a related field.
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings