DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Residential
POSTING #: 23-003
TWC JOB ORDER: 15579550
MONTHLY SALARY: $3,200.00 – $3,500.00
SHIFT: Overnight; Sun – Thurs 11:30pm – 7:30am
OPENING DATE: 9/22/2022
CLOSING DATE: 10/7/22
CLASSIFICATION /GROUP #: 5207 / A11
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Provides responsible child care to and supervision of students; presents a safety-conscious and adult role model to students in all situations.
- Ensures safety and security of dormitory property.
- Conducts routine bed checks at specified intervals to ensure students’ safety and well-being.
- Teaches students cooking, eating, toileting, grooming, and other daily living skills as provided in students’ IEPs.
- Performs any necessary record-keeping functions required for individual student programs, including daily shift notes, unusual incident reports, and crisis intervention reports.
- Performs various housekeeping functions as needed to maintain a clean, neat, and orderly dormitory.
- Ensures that medication schedules are followed and attends to any special medical/physical needs of students.
- Stays informed of any program changes for students and communicates relevant information on student behavior to staff on other shifts.
- Follows any special behavior management procedures or programs developed for individual students as needed.
- Has students ready for morning medical appointments as scheduled.
- Attends in-service training sessions as required and maintains in-service materials as instructed.
- Does students’ laundry as directed.
- Maintains a linen count for laundry.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Must have 5 years experience working as an Overnight Residential Instructor.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with children and adults.
- Must have sufficient physical strength to assist in lifting and/or transferring students up to adult age.
- Must know or be willing to learn basic sign language (for certain assignments).
- Experience working with children.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Eligibility to drive state vehicles