POSITION: Residential Instructor III –WEEKEND DORM
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Residential
POSTING #: 23-005
TWC JOB ORDER: 15610006
MONTHLY SALARY: $2,000.00 – $2,200.00
SHIFT: 30 hrs/wk – Friday 1pm – 10pm; Saturday 10am – 10p; Sun 9am – 9pm
OPENING DATE: 10/11/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 5205 / A11
Ways to Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participates as a member of specific student teams
• Implements the student’s educational plans during the weekend hours
• Plans activities to consistently foster the education of the students in academic, daily living, leisure time and social skills based upon the programs developed by the teachers and team
• Maintains residential facilities in order to provide for an optimal learning environment
• May be required to enter the water and monitor students during swimming activities
• May be required to drive students in a school vehicle
• Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Skill in working harmoniously with children and adults.
• Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
• Must be willing to learn basic sign language if required by student assignment.
• One year paid employment experience.
• Former students who apply must not have been enrolled as students for the past three years.
• Previous child/adult related experience in a child care, group home, educational, or medical facility setting
• Ability to communicate, receptively and expressively, through both sign language and oral speech
• Ability to swim and to accompany students into the pool during swimming activities
Current driver’s license with good driving record