DEPARTMENT: Short-Term Programs Residential
POSTING #: 22-069
TWC JOB ORDER: 15332241
MONTHLY SALARY: DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS
SHIFT: (30 HOURS PER WEEK) Overnight: This position must commit to the Short-Term Programs (STP) schedule which involves highly variable days and hours. Will discuss in the interview.
OPENING DATE: 6/2/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 5205 / A11
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Provides responsible child care and supervision of students; presents a safety-conscious adult role model to students in all situations.
- Ensures safety and security of dormitory property.
- During times when a student may be sleeping, conducts routine bed checks at specified intervals to ensure students’ safety and well-being.
- Performs any necessary record-keeping functions required for individual student programs, including daily shift notes, unusual incident and crisis intervention reports.
- Performs various housekeeping functions and maintains a clean, neat and orderly dormitory; cleans students’ laundry as directed and maintains a linen count.
- Ensures medication schedules are followed and attends to any special medical/physical needs of students.
- Stays informed of any program changes for students and communicates relevant information on student behavior to staff on other shifts.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Skill in working harmoniously with children and adults.
- Must have sufficient physical strength to assist in lifting and/or transferring students up to adult age.
- Experience working with children.
- CPR and First Aid certification.