POSITION: Residential Instructor III
$500 recruitment bonus available for a limited time (contact HR for details)
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Residential
POSTING #: 22-046
TWC JOB ORDER:
MONTHLY SALARY: $2,400.00 – $2,800.00 Depending on Qualifications
SHIFT: Sunday – Thursday; 2:00pm – 10:00pm
OPENING DATE: 4/8//2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 5205 / A11
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Participates as a member of specific student teams.
- Implements the student’s educational plans during the evening and weekend hours.
- Plans activities to consistently foster the education of the students in academic, daily living, leisure time and social skills based upon the programs developed by the teachers and team.
- Maintains residential facilities in order to provide for an optimal learning environment. May be required to enter the water and monitor students during swimming activities.
- May be required to drive students in a school vehicle.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Skill in working harmoniously with children and adults.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Must be willing to learn basic sign language if required by student assignment.
- One year paid employment experience.
- Former students who apply must not have been enrolled as students for the past three years
- Previous child/adult related experience in a child care, group home, educational, or medical facility setting.
- Ability to communicate, receptively and expressively, through both sign language and oral speech.
- Ability to swim and to accompany students into the pool during swimming activities.
- Current driver’s license with good driving record.