POSITION: Nurse III
WORKING TITLE: Registered Nurse III
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
POSTING #: 24-020
TWC JOB ORDER: 16387542
MONTHLY SALARY: $6,500.00 – $7,400.00
SHIFT: Evenings; Sun-Thurs 2:00pm – 10:00pm
OPENING DATE: 01/17/2024
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 4413 / B23
Ways to Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides nursing care to students referred or admitted to the Health Center.
- Assists in carrying out regular nursing shift duties relating to health care delivery, record keeping, and maintaining health center operations.
- Reports regularly to Supervisor on Health Center operations and student health conditions.
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed relating to medications, doctor’s orders, supplies, and records.
- Implements instruction to students to foster knowledge of their medical needs and to increase self-responsibility for their own medical regimens.
- In the absence of Health Services supervisor implements contingency plans under conditions that preclude normal operations.
- Trains new staff in performance of duties.
- Conducts medical history interviews with prospective students and families when needed.
- Updates “medical alert” lists and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Ensures timely completion of physician’s orders.
- Facilitates completion of health service referrals from school staff.
- Participates in ARD and team meetings as assigned by supervisor for those students with health problems.
- Notifies parents and appropriate school staff of student health conditions and obtains informed parental consent for treatment when necessary.
- Assists Supervisor in evaluating performance of LVNs.
- Ensures proper and timely communication of medical information to necessary staff.
- Schedules students for physician clinics and provides assistance to physician during assigned clinics.
- Instructs students and staff in proper care procedures for special conditions when needed.
- Assists in treating, photographing, and filing reports on all incidents of accidental injuries or suspected physical abuse of students.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures
- Performs related work as assigned
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited school for Registered Nurses
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license for the State of Texas [Copy of license required at time of application]
- Good clinical assessment and judgment skills
- Pediatric, psychiatric, and/or school health experience
- Experience providing nursing care to special needs patients
- Skill in using MS Word and MS Excel software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Skill in using sign language