POSTING #: 23-002
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15570970
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary will commensurate with experience
SHIFT: PART-TIME; Weekends 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
OPENING DATE: 9/19/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 6230-6232 / A9-A11
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Patrols assigned routes within buildings and grounds to ensure that only authorized persons are on campus by directing or escorting visitors to appropriate area for visitor clearance and to ensure staff are wearing identification badges (and issue temporary badges as needed).
- Oversees and responds to fire alarms and is the direct contact for all emergency services that arrive on campus.
- Watches for fires and any hazardous situations; has an understanding of the operation of the fire system and will be required to conduct fire drills and assist in any other drills set up by the program supervisor and safety officer.
- Conducts the daily operation of security access badge stations; will be required to open and close doors for staff both electronically and manually as needed, including the pedestrian and vehicular gates and shall be acting as a liaison to the Wildcat inn for any check-ins/check-outs.
- Investigates reports of disturbances and responds according to campus procedures and reports directly to the program supervisor.
- Notes physical structural defects or safety hazards and submits a work order for correction.
- Questions suspects in cases of unauthorized entry into buildings, and work areas; malicious mischief; or other violations.
- Checks for vehicles parked in fire lanes and other prohibited areas; directs the flow of traffic and parking of vehicles during conferences and on weekends home days.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for changes to security regulations.
- Monitors daily video surveillance, access control systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to enforce security rules and regulations, to prepare electronic reports, to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations and to communicate effectively
- Skill in monitoring and assessing situations and determining the appropriate response; in the use of verbal de-escalation tactics and communication
- Experience working with children with disabilities
- Security commission
- Eligibility to drive state vehicles