WORKING TITLE: Occupational Therapist – PART-TIME
STATE CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Contract Staff
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 24-009
TWC JOB ORDER:
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD Payscale
SHIFT: PART-TIME / 20 hours/week; Mon-Fri Shift TBD
OPENING DATE: 10/4/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Ways To Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complies with all applicable safety rules, standards, and regulations.
- Evaluates current and prospective students, analyzes evaluation data, and writes reports including recommendations for treatment.
- Provides direct and/or indirect therapy as needed (sensory integration techniques, activities of daily living, rehabilitation therapy, etc.).
- Consults with teachers and child care staff in the development and implementation of treatment plans.
- Participates in evaluation staffings, team meetings, and Admission-Review-Dismissal meetings.
- Prepares periodic reports noting students’ progress in therapy, treatment plans, IEP’s, discharge summaries, attendance forms and billing forms.
- Conducts training for other staff on topics related to motor development, living skills, adaptation of equipment, and physically transferring students.
- Supervises the day to day activities of any assigned therapist assistant.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from a college or university accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Must have licensure or have met the requirements to obtain licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience with students with visual and multiple impairments.