Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
FULL AND PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 22-057
TWC JOB ORDER: 15304007
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Mon-Fri 7:45 – 3;45
OPENING DATE: 5/23/22
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / N/A
Essential Job Functions
- Complete psychoeducational evaluations for students. (Training and support will be provided related to evaluation techniques specific to students with visual and multiple impairments. Prior experience working with students with visual impairments is NOT required).
- Works closely with assigned mentor to learn best practices for assessing students with visual and multiple impairments.
- Participates in Review of Existing Evaluation Data (REED) meetings to assist in determining three year re-evaluation needs. ( No initial Full and Individual Evaluations are needed for students at our school).
- Compiles multidisciplnary evaluation reports including eligibility considerations and recommendations.
- Consults with instructional staff regarding evaluation results and recommended teaching strategies.
- Communicates evaluation results in jargon-free manner to parents.
- Participates in IEP Planning Meetings, IEP Committee Meetings, and other team meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and remains current in state and federal laws, policies and procedures regarding evaluation.
- Continues professional growth and development.
- Serves as a member of the school’s crisis team.
- Collaborates with team members to implement positive behavior interventions and supports.
- Assists with functional behavior assessments and developing behavior intervention plans.
- Assists with training of staff on behavior or mental health related topics.
- Provides consultation to team members and parents.
- Assists with social workers as a campus liasion to assist students and families access to off campus teletherapy services.
- Provides individual counseling and psychological services to students as assigned in accordance with students’ Individualized Education Program.
- Provides group counseling and supports social emotional learning lessons.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations and standards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Master’s degree in psychology with Licensed Specialist in School Psychology credential from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists OR Texas Diagnostician certification [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts]
- Skill in working well as a team member and with diverse groups of students, parents and staff members in direct service delivery and consultation
- Must be available during the evening or weekend for emergency interventions on an infrequent basis
- Experience assessing students with visual and multiple impairments in a public school setting
- Experience with data-based decision-making in the development and implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans
- Experience consulting with psychiatrists, parents and staff members for students with severe behaviors
- Familiarity with IDEA and Texas regulations and rules governing assessment of students in special education
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings