DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 23-001
TWC JOB ORDER:
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
SHIFT: M-F 7:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
OPENING DATE: 9/6/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
CLASSIFICATION /GROUP #: 5616 / B17
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Implements professional skills in the art and science of simultaneous and/or consecutive interpretation services from English to Spanish/Spanish to English interpreting for students and teachers during classes, school activities, and meetings.
- Assesses whether communication is being understood.
- Reads written materials, such as documents, publications, and other media, and rewrites into Spanish.
- Proofreads, edits, and revises translated materials.
- Assists with the care and supervision of students when not performing interpreting duties.
- Uses any scheduled preparation time to preview materials, conference with the teacher, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Certification from an accredited interpreter training program (e.g., Austin Community College’s Translation and Interpreting program).
- Recent experience working as a full-time translator for a school district, agency, company, or as an independent contractor.
- A Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited university or college.
- Three (3) years of documented professional translation and interpretation experience.