POSITION: Internal Auditor PART-TIME
DEPARTMENT: Internal Audit
POSTING #: 22-028
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15166573
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary will commensurate with experience
SHIFT: PART-TIME; Day Shift; Flexible work solutions including hybrid or remote work arrangements available. Onsite work needed during certain audits.
OPENING DATE: 3/14/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 1203 / B23
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Examines and analyzes management operations, internal control structures and systems, and accounting records for reliability, adequacy, accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with legal regulations.
- Recommends changes in business processes, information systems, and accounting or management practices.
- Facilitates the annual risk assessment update process to identify and prioritize agency activities and risks associated with those activities. Develops and maintains a list of management control activities associated with each risk identified.
- Develops an annual Internal Audit Plan for Board review and approval, using risk assessment techniques that identifies individual audits to be conducted during the year, including required (e.g., PFIA and ANE audits) and other periodic audits of the agency’s major systems and controls (e.g., accounting systems and controls, administrative systems and controls, and electronic data processing systems and controls).
- Audit planning: Defines audit issues by researching specific topics through interviews, document reviews, evaluating prior audit findings, and other research techniques. Develops audit objectives and project procedures and deliverables for each individual audit engagement.
- Audit implementation: Conducts audit procedures such as data gathering, data review and analysis, document review, verification and criteria development for compliance testing ensuring timely reporting and submission.
- Audit reporting: Prepares individual audit reports including the preparation of outlines, preparation of draft reports, review of the drafts with the clients, preparation of final reports incorporating comments as appropriate and submission of the final reports to the Board for review and approval. Approved reports are subsequently submitted timely to oversight agencies in accordance with the Internal Auditing Act and the Board is copied on all submittals.
- Audit Quality Control: internal review of audits for completeness, compliance with standards; uniformity in method; and adherence to statutes, departmental rulings, and legal decisions.
- Audit Follow Up: Conducts post audit assessments and routine follow up on open recommendations and quality control procedures. Maintains a tracking mechanism for prior audit recommendations that are still open or in the process of implementation. Reports to the Board periodically on the status of open recommendations.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews in accordance with professional standards as provided by Section 2101.011 and periodically takes part in a comprehensive peer review.
- Ensures that external Quality Assurance Reviews are conducted every 3 years.
- Coordinates management response for external audits.
- May conduct special investigations into questionable accounting or management operations, practices or records.
- Maintains current procedures to be used in the event of an investigation.
- Reports at least annually to the Board on the Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP).Ensures that the Annual Internal Audit Report is compiled and submitted to the Board for approval and subsequently submitted to the oversight agencies as required by November 1 of each year.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) required.
- Must have five years of experience in internal auditing.
- Experience in either public or governmental accounting and audit work preferred.