Instructional Specialist: Tutoring Coordinator
POSITION: Instructional Specialist: Tutoring Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 23-046
TWC JOB ORDER: 15990726
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday – Thursday 8:45am – 5:00pm; Friday 7:45am – 2:45pm
OPENING DATE: 5/2/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cooperates with other teachers in planning and implementing the tutoring program for students with visual and other impairments.
- Provides tutoring throughout the school day to students.
- Coordinates with the contract tutoring company, other teachers and residential staff in arranging additional tutors for students during and after school.
- Monitors and tracks tutoring hours required for each student.
- Diagnoses and assesses student needs to determine tutoring goals and objectives.
- Works with team members in identifying and solving problems related to students in school, dormitory, and community environments.
- Utilizes teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Assists in the selection of programs, equipment and materials to meet the needs of students.
- Supervises aides, and all others assigned.
- Performs assignments effectively relating to all department and school policies and procedures.
- Promotes positive relations through effective communication and involvement with family, appropriate agencies, and community members to meet individual student needs.
- Continues professional growth and development.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcript(s)]
- Must have Texas Special Education EC-12 certification.
- Must have or be willing to obtain the Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments supplemental certification within a specified period of time.
- Must have or be willing to obtain ESL certification within a specified period of time.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings