Instructional Specialist: Day Student Coordinator
POSITION: Instructional Specialist: Day Student Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 23-029
TWC JOB ORDER #:
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 9:45am-5:45pm (flexible)
OPENING DATE: 2/23/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the inclusion of day students in campus life to ensure an overall positive experience for students and families.
- Teaches Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) classes providing the opportunity for day students to learn Independent Living Skills in the areas of Food Management, Hygiene, Clothing Management, and Home Management while allowing them to return home to their families each evening.
- Support families with at-home components to instruction with opportunities in the home for the student to practice newly learned skills.
- Makes visits to day students’ homes to reinforce instruction and problem-solve as needed.
- Collaborates with the Day Student Transportation Coordinator and others as needed to assist with ensuring that transportation to and from campus operates smoothly.
- In collaboration with the Recreation Manager, assists day students and families with keeping informed about and accessing after school recreation opportunities available for day students.
- Diagnoses and assesses student needs to determine instructional goals and objectives.
- Utilizes teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Assists in the selection of programs, equipment and materials to meet the needs of students.
- Supervises aides, and all others assigned.
- May serve as the supervising teacher for teacher interns obtaining Special Education or Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TSVI) certification.
- May serve as the TSVI for assigned students with classroom teachers who have not yet obtained TSVI certification.
- Continues professional growth and development; participates in all assigned in-service trainings.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts).
- Must have Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments certification.
- Skill in working cooperatively and effectively in a team model of service delivery and working with diverse groups of students, parents and staff members.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Extensive experience as an itinerant Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings