Instructional Specialist: Collaboration & Transition Specialist
POSITION: Instructional Specialist: Collaboration & Transition Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 23-030
TWC JOB ORDER #:
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Thursday, 7:45am-4:00pm; Friday 7:45am-2:45pm
OPENING DATE: 2/23/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates communication and planning with local school district representatives, families and TSBVI staff members — from student acceptance to TSBVI to return to the local school district — to ensure successful collaboration according to the school’s procedures.
- Assures that written plans for collaboration with local school district representatives and families are developed as a part of the enrollment process, implemented and updated as needed.
- Completes and monitors collaboration and documentation logs, contact information, and Out of District Placement Input forms.
- Coordinates visits between local school districts and TSBVI to observe student programming before, during and after enrollment at TSBVI.
- Coordinates, and may accompany students with, experiences visiting local school districts as needed (perhaps a few days per month).
- Coordinates follow up collaboration efforts with local school district instructional teams for one school year after a student’s return to the local district.
- In collaboration with the Transition Coordinator, facilitates transition to adult life planning and activities for each assigned student.
- May serve as the supervising teacher for teacher interns obtaining Special Education or Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TSVI) certification.
- May serve as the TSVI for assigned students with classroom teachers who have not yet obtained TSVI certification.
- Continues professional growth and development; participates in all assigned in-service trainings.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts).
- Must have Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments certification.
- Skill in working cooperatively and effectively in a team model of service delivery and working with diverse groups of students, parents and staff members.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Extensive experience as an itinerant Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings