DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 22-048
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15337846
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm
OPENING DATE: 5/11/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Assures that all procedures related to student Positive Behavior Interventions and Support are effectively followed, in a timely manner, for every student to which assigned.
- Ensures that all documentation related to student Positive Behavior Interventions and Support is current and submitted (including critical behavior information for Student Care Summaries, Functional Behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, behavior strategies and progress reports), for assigned classes.
- Consults with students’ instructional teams, including related services and assigned psychologists, for all Behavior Intervention Plans, and behavior strategies for development and review.
- Knows and is ready to advise other staff members of laws, regulations, TSBVI policies and procedures related to positive behavior support, time-out and restraint.
- Reads incident, safety, and restraint reports related to behavior and intervenes promptly to reduce the frequency of problems in assigned classes.
- Keeps abreast of current approaches to providing behavior support to students with visual, auditory, and cognitive impairments and conveys that information to supervisor and other staff.
- Keeps informed of instructional procedures being used in the classrooms, including how other support staff are working with individual students.
- Coordinates in-home supports and in-home training as needed for families.
- Coordinates and develops on campus trainings for TSBVI and local school district instructional teams as needed; schedules and provides trainings at local school districts as approved by supervisor.
- Coordinates communication and planning with local school district representatives, families and TSBVI staff members — from student acceptance to TSBVI to return to the local school district — to ensure successful collaboration (in accordance with TSBVI Service Delivery Model for Collaboration).
- Assures that written plans for collaboration with local school district representatives and families are developed as a part of the enrollment process, implemented and updated as needed.
- Completes and monitors collaboration and documentation logs, contact information, and Out of District Placement Input forms.
- Coordinates visits between local school districts and TSBVI to observe student programming before, during and after enrollment at TSBVI.
- Coordinates follow up collaboration efforts amongst LEA and TSBVI instructional teams for one year after a student’s return to the local district.
- Provides consultative and direct Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments services.
- Coaches and serves as mentor to teachers in process of obtaining Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments certification.
- Continues professional growth and development; participates in all assigned in-service trainings.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts].
- Must have Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments (TSVI) certification or Special Education teacher certification and willingness to obtain TSVI certification within a specified period of time.
- Skill in working cooperatively and effectively in a team model of service delivery and working with diverse groups of students, parents and staff members.
- Skill in implementing effective positive behavior intervention and support programs for students with visual and multiple impairments.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Training and certification in positive behavior interventions and support.