WORKING TITLE: HR Specialist – Training & Recruitment
STATE CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Human Resources Specialist IV
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
POSTING #: 23-059
TWC JOB ORDER #: 16044647
MONTHLY SALARY: Depending on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 6/19/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 1735 / B20
Ways to Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and/or delivers assigned training to include New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Coordinates all activities of the school’s annual staff development week, including partnering with departments, procuring presenters and organizing logistics (e.g., scheduling rooms, media needs, evaluation materials).
- Evaluates and analyzes training needs and content for accessibility, recommends changes to make content accessible and remediates accessibility issues.
- Coordinates learning management system (LMS) to include adding sessions, roster management, user support, metrics and reporting.
- Tracks all required licenses/certifications in CAPPS (PeopleSoft), monitors for expiring credentials and communicates per process.
- Tracks applicant data, screens applications for minimum qualifications and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers.
- Partners with the Employment Specialist to support employment related activities and ensure a smooth and welcoming onboarding experience.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in human resources or a closely related field plus two years full-time experience in Human Resources. Related experience may substitute for required education on a year for year basis.
- High-level organizational and training skills.
- Must be able to move and setup equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- HR Certification (aPHR, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP)
- Knowledge of adapting print materials for users who are visually impaired.