DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 22-063
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15330058
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm
OPENING DATE: 6/1/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement Hospitality curriculum (building upon and combining current Hospitality/ Housekeeping and Coffee Shop programming) for students with diverse abilities and work histories.
- Purchase supplies for Hospitality instruction (Wildcat Inn and Coffee Shop) within a fixed annual budget.
- Maintain on-campus coffee shop (including equipment) and improve its aesthetic.
- Maintain relationship with Texas Coffee Traders (supplies coffee and services equipment).Maintain on campus “Wildcat Inn” and improve its aesthetic.
- Keep up to date on hotel and coffee shop practices and trends in order to effectively prepare students for future employment opportunities.
- Collaborate with Wildcat Inn reservation coordinator and custodial staff to ensure Wildcat Inn rooms are prepared for guests, maximizing student involvement to the greatest extent possible.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Co-teach General Employability class.
- Utilize teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and modes of students.
- Promote positive relations through effective communication and involvement with family, appropriate agencies, and community members to meet individual student needs.
- Utilize professional classroom management techniques to assist students in learning.
- Continue professional growth and development.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts.]
- Texas teacher certification.
- Must have Texas teacher certification in Family and Consumer Sciences by the first day of the school year.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Texas Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments supplemental certification within a specified period of time.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a diverse population of students and educational staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including skill in consulting and collaborating effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to remain flexible to scheduling changes.
- Positive, energetic, and focused when working independently and with groups.
- Must be capable of physical work.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Experience teaching Hospitality/ Housekeeping skills to students with disabilities in an educational setting.
- Experience teaching Coffee Shop/ Barista skills to students with disabilities in an educational setting.
- Employment experience for a hotel or resort.
- Employment experience as a barista in a coffee shop.
- Experience creating curriculum and/ or programming in the area of hospitality.
- Extensive experience with Google tools (including Google Classroom).