POSTING #: 23-011
TWC JOB ORDER: 15675614
MONTHLY SALARY: $5,784.58 – $9,783.08
OPENING DATE: 10/28/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION /GROUP #: 1620 / B26
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others including safety and security personnel, vehicles and transportation personnel, foodservice personnel; mail and copy services, warehouse personnel and one administrative assistant.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for areas of responsibility; with an initial immediate focus on Safety, Security and Emergency Planning.
- Serves as the Tenant Agency Representative and coordinator with the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) that operates the school’s facilities maintenance; custodial services; and landscaping.
- Works extensively with school personnel to ensure that all service provision is meeting expectations.
- Determines budget priorities for the Operations Division, develops budget requests, monitors expenditures, and ensures that spending occurs within approved budgetary limits.
- Prepares and presents requested reports for Operations activities to management team, Superintendent, and Board of Trustees.
- Develops policies for Board of Trustees consideration and assigns operating procedures to be developed by appropriate staff.
- Reviews and responds to special investigations, research studies, and internal audits; develops and monitors plans to implement recommended actions.
- Complies with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations and standards.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy and procedure.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Operations Management and Support Services or a related field.
- Five years of experience in the field of operations management and support services including supervising personnel in one or more of the following areas: safety, security, emergency planning, facilities maintenance, environmental services, vehicles and transportation, or foodservice.
- Experience beyond five years in any of the areas mentioned above may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Experience working in a school or in a state agency.
- Project management with external businesses and contractors.