Direct Support Professional IV (OPEN TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY)
DEPARTMENT: Weekends Home
POSTING #: 23-026
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15845326
MONTHLY SALARY: $1800.00 per month
SHIFT: Friday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m and Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (occasionally Thursday and/or Monday). This schedule could change as duties are assigned.
OPENING DATE: 2/14/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 5124 / A14
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the Weekends Home (WH) Manager to develop and maintain programs and routines, including activities adapted for students with visual impairments in the following areas: boarding and debussing, safe public travel methods, restroom and other vehicle stop activities, social, recreational and leisure activities, etc.
- Ensures appropriate implementation of the programs in the absence of the WH Manager.
- Provides constructive feedback on staff performance and develops ways to support other Direct Support Professionals and Drivers in teaching and transporting students with visual impairments.
- Effectively uses and demonstrates behavior analysis and management techniques; follows established guidelines and procedures for behavior management/student discipline.
- Ensures students are effectively and appropriately supervised in a manner to ensure their physical and psychological safety, health, and well-being.
- Facilitates and teaches to maximize the greatest level of independence for each student in all situations.
- In the absence of the WH Manager, ensures incident reports, route notes and shift notes are professional, objectively stated, free of factual error, and without the need for significant editing.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Six months part-time direct care experience at TSBVI
- Skill in completing assigned tasks and meeting established deadlines
- Skill in data collection and report writing
- Skill in developing professional relationships with parents, staff and the community
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Must have sufficient physical strength to assist in lifting and/or transferring students up to adult age
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Texas Bus Driver certification
- ASL and adapted Sign Language
- Spanish Speaker
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings