DEPARTMENT: Business Office
POSTING #: 22-083
TWC JOB ORDER #: 15459410
MONTHLY SALARY: Depending on qualifications
SHIFT: M – F 7:30 – 4:30
OPENING DATE: 8/5/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 1012 / B14
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Receipts all monies received at the time of receipt and maintains official receipt books and accounting records.
- Batches cash receipts and disbursements for Treasury, Travel Advance Fund, Revolving Fund, Student Activity, and Student Trust Fund documents for data entry in CAPPS.
- Distributes employee pay warrants, weekly allowances to students, student worker payrolls, and all checks to staff for Travel and/or Revolving fund reimbursement.
- Operates the Petty Cash Fund and Student Trust Change Fund and Student Activity Fund, including processing timely requests for reimbursement and obtaining appropriate authorization prior to disbursement.
- Prepares daily cash report listing beginning cash on hand, cash and cash items received, deposits made, and ending amounts on hand if any. Counts Petty Cash and Student Trust Change Funds for the summary on the daily cash report.
- Process credit card sales for book orders, and applies payments and refunds.
- Delivers and picks up deposits, warrants, and mail.
- Acts as liaison for the Business Office with students, staff, parents, and other interested parties as they enter the office.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Four years of full-time administrative or general clerical experience required or graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Skill in using a personal computer, including Excel and Word software.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communication.
- Skill in working as an effective team member.
- Skill in responding to customers in a positive and courteous manner.
- Skill in working with Quickbooks.
- Working with CAPPS Financial System.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is generally preferred.