POSITION: Behavior Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 22-047
TWC JOB ORDER #:
MONTHLY SALARY: Based on AISD pay scale using education and years of experience
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45pm
OPENING DATE: 4/19/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: T021 / n/a
Essential Job Functions
- Assures that all procedures related to student Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) are effectively implemented, in a timely manner, for each student assigned.
- Assures that all documentation related to student PBIS, including Functional Behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, behavior strategies and update reports are current and submitted for assigned students.
- Consults with assigned Licensed Specialists in School Psychology in completing Functional Behavior Assessments and developing Behavior Intervention Plans and behavior strategies.
- Provides staff development training and coaching related to PBIS to staff using face to face and distance learning Formats.
- Reviews incident reports related to behavior and intervenes promptly to reduce the frequency of problems in assigned classes.
- Provides assistance to teams, in collaboration with assigned psychologists, in assessing students behavior and in writing behavior intervention plans and strategies.
- Provides model teaching and coaching of teachers and residential instructors related to instruction in social skills.
- Meets regularly with instructional teams. Provides ongoing consultation, in collaboration with assigned psychologists, to instructional and residential staff.
- Participates in ARD Planning Meetings, ARD Committee Meetings, and other team meetings as assigned.
- Knows and is ready to advise other staff of legal rules and regulations, as well as TSBVI policies and procedures, related to behavior.
- Assists program by providing coverage or extra support for teachers when requested.
- Continues professional growth and development, including participating in all assigned professional development.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university [Applicant selected for hire will be required to submit a copy of all college or university transcripts].
- Must have certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- If a teacher, must have or be willing to obtain the Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments supplemental certification within a specified period of time OR, if not a teacher, Foundations of Visual Impairment training.
- If a teacher, must have at least three years of experience implementing Behavior Intervention Plans and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports.
- Must have experience consulting and training others in PBIS.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Mandt Trainer Certification.
- Must have or be willing to obtain training related to PBIS and special education procedures for supporting students with behavior needs.
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Disorders, Positive Behavior Supports or related field.
- Experience working with students with visual impairments, Deaf-Blindness and additional impairments.
View More Job Postings
TSBVI updates job postings regularly with new and exciting opportunities.View All Job Postings