WORKING TITLE: Administrative Assistant
STATE CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Administrative Assistant IV
DEPARTMENT: Comprehensive Programs
POSTING #: 24-005
TWC JOB ORDER:
MONTHLY SALARY: Depending on Qualifications
SHIFT: Monday – Thursday 7:15am – 4:00pm; Friday 7:15am – 2:45pm
OPENING DATE: 9/19/2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION / GROUP #: 0156 / A15
Ways to Apply
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative and clerical support to multidisciplinary educational team and local school districts.
- Provides administrative and clerical support related to ARD Committee meetings and evaluations.
- Ensures timely communications with local school districts, parents, and TSBVI educational
- Supports and disseminates quarterly progress reports, including review of reports for content.
- Enters and manages data in the school’s educational software systems.
- Provides administrative support to Assistant Principal and assigned instructional teams including:
– Office management
– Building work orders/building organizational duties
– Staff scheduling
– Assisting in arranging classroom coverage support
– Calendar management/ schedule appointments
– Staff time keeping duties, etc.
- Provides information and assistance to students, teachers, other staff members and visitors as required.
- Assists with preparing and distributing information and materials to staff.
- Orders supplies for building and staff as required.
- Creates purchase orders and coordinates procurement card logs for assigned staff.
- Coordinates time and leave reporting for assigned staff.
- Updates and maintains staff weekly schedules.
- Coordinates distribution of mail for building.
- Communication regarding day student local transportation coordination as needed.
- Assists with summer school including occasional weekend registrations.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Comply with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two years full-time general administrative support or closely related experience; may substitute 60 credit hours (two years) from an accredited college or university for required experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience in a K-12 school setting as an administrative assistant or closely related position.
- Skill in using a computer, including word processing software and spreadsheet applications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.