DEPARTMENT: Business Office
POSTING #: 23-018
TWC JOB ORDER: 15718261
MONTHLY SALARY: $5,784.58 – $9,783.08
SHIFT: Monday – Friday; Day Shift
OPENING DATE: 12/09/2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
CLASSIFICATION /GROUP #: 1620 / B26
Ways to Apply
Essential Job Functions
- Directs accounting functions, including processing, approval and payment of claims, preparation of payrolls, processing of cash receipts and disbursements, and preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to manage the agency’s travel functions; directs the travel voucher processing and the travel card program.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises work activities of personnel engaged in preparing and maintaining various accounting documents and reports, periodic and special financial analyses, and related financial reports for budgetary and administrative use.
- Reviews, evaluates and gives technical assistance to subordinates handling difficult and complex accounting transactions.
- Supervises the maintenance of systems and controls necessary to provide accurate accounts of expenditures and budget balances for agency programs.
- Reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits are not exceeded and projects expenditures for budget planning.
- Maintains School’s accounting structure to correspond to the operating procedures and requirements of the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) as prescribed by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, including a current and complete chart of accounts.
- Directs the accounting functions for federal funds, including quarterly and final reports; ensures that all reports to grantors are filed accurately and timely.
- Supervises the preparation of the Annual Financial Report of the School in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures and in accordance with the reporting guidelines for state agencies as established by the State Comptroller’s Office.
- Supervises the development and use of internal control procedures to determine compliance by department with agency policies, plans, and procedures, and determine reliability of agency accounting and supporting documents, records, and files.
- Serves as the alternate Public Funds Investment Officer to CFO.
- Attends board meetings and may be asked to present School’s financial information to board members.
- Serves as the Agency Security Coordinator for USAS and CAPPS information systems.
- Serves as Level 1 CAPPS Financial support.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with TSBVI leave policy.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or business-related subject plus 3 years of full-time experience in budget preparation, accounting, auditing, financial planning or management, or positions which provided knowledge of public sector budgetary controls, administrative procedures, and related state and federal regulatory laws. Experience may be substituted for education.
- At least 5 years of full-time supervisory experience.
- Experience using Microsoft applications to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skill in communicating effectively with other divisions, various state agencies, federal agencies and State leadership offices.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Completion of Texas Fiscal Officer’s Academy (TFOA).
- Experience in utilizing the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) and CPA FMQuery-SIRS.
- Experience with Centralized Accounting, Payroll and Personnel System (CAPPS).
- Experience with the Automated Budget Evaluation System of Texas (ABEST).