Join Our Team!
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired offers a collaborative work environment where we serve students from across the state.
Current Job Postings Ways to Apply
Part-time Direct Support Professionals (Travel Chaperones) and Drivers to escort our students:
- Two days a week (10-hour shifts and 5-hour shifts), primarily Fridays and Sundays (some Thursdays and Mondays).
- Students travel by bus and plane to various cities around Texas, escorted by our Travel Chaperones and Drivers.
- A great job for students and retirees— you’re free to study or read for the return half of the shift when students are not present!
Check out our video for a glimpse into working as a Residential Instructor focused on the healthy and happy development of our amazing students.
Join the TSBVI Residential Team
In addition to the chance to have a positive, life- changing impact on our students, eligible employees benefit from the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Disability and life insurance benefits
- Vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Defined benefit retirement plan through Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS)
- Retirement savings programs
- Commuter spending account
- Education and training through various programs
Contact Human Resources
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Human Resources Department
1100 West 45th Street
Austin, TX 78756
HR Office: (512) 206-9129
HR Fax: (512) 206-9403
HR E-mail: email@example.com
TSBVI is an equal opportunity employer.