Join Our Team!
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired offers a collaborative work environment where we serve students from across the state.
Current Job Postings Ways to Apply
Part-time Travel Chaperones (Direct Support Professionals) and Drivers to escort our students:
- Two days a week (10-hour shifts and 5-hour shifts), primarily Fridays and Sundays (some Thursdays and Mondays).
- Students travel by bus and plane to various cities around Texas, escorted by our Travel Chaperones and Drivers.
- A great job for students and retirees— you’re free to study or read for the return half of the shift when students are not present!
Miguel Angel Martinez Lopez
Miguel is a travel chaperone and tells us in his own words why he enjoys his job.
Learn more about why he thinks working at TSBVI is perfect for him.
Tiffany works in the Residential Department and enjoys working with students and the flexible hours at TSBVI.
Learn more about her 25 years working at TSBVI.
Antionette, a Teacher Assistant, likes the comforting atmosphere at TSBVI and supporting her students.
Learn more about the favorite part of her job.
In addition to the chance to have a positive, life- changing impact on our students, eligible employees benefit from the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Disability and life insurance benefits
- Vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Defined benefit retirement plan through Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS)
- Retirement savings programs
- Education and training through various programs
- Employee Discount Purchase Program
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Teacher Incentive Allotment (TIA) – TSBVI is one of the few districts in Central Texas approved to offer the TIA and our classroom teachers have the ability to earn significant additional compensation.
Contact Human Resources
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Human Resources Department
1100 West 45th Street
Austin, TX 78756
HR Office: (512) 206-9129
HR Fax: (512) 206-9403
HR E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TSBVI is an equal opportunity employer.