Employee Spotlight: Meet Tiffany Thorman
Tiffany Thorman works in the Residential Department at the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI). She started her career at TSBVI more than 25 years ago after a friend’s recommendation.
“Working at TSBVI is great because folks here love what they do. They are focused and driven on making a difference for our students”, said Tiffany.
Tiffany spends most of her day teaching students daily living, social, and vocational skills. This helps provide them with better access to both their community and the entire world around them. Tiffany enjoys the flexible hours at TSBVI that allow her more time to fulfill her other passion, volunteerism.
At the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI), we believe our employees are our strength. Join us as we educate through the empowerment of students who are blind, deafblind, or visually impaired.
In addition to the impact of our work, we keep our employees healthy with:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Disability and life insurance benefits
- Vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Defined benefit retirement plan through the Employee Retirement System of Texas (ERS)
- Retirement savings programs
- Education and training through various programs
Visit our Careers page to learn how to join our team.