Partnering to Bring Quality Training to Texas
Outreach Programs takes great pride in collaborating with a variety of partners to provide quality training to families and professionals in Texas. Some of these partners include the Statewide Leadership Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, the Low Incidence Disability Services, DARS- Division of Blind Services, regional Education Service Centers, Deaf-Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas, Texas Chargers, Texas Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments, Texas AER, and the Southwest Orientation and Mobility Association. We do this in a variety of ways.
- We sponsor or co-sponsor major conferences such as Texas Symposium on Deafblindness, Texas Focus, SWOMA Conference, Texas Active Learning Conference, DBMAT and Texas Chargers Family Conference.
- We offer topical workshops on campus or at the request of the Education Service Centers, DARS-DBS or other agencies and organizations.
- We provide videoconferences (TETN broadcasts) and webinars as well as on-line training materials.
- We maintain a Statewide Calendar of Training Events to help families and professionals find training in Texas and the nation.
- We develop websites and web-based materials on a variety of vision- and deafblind-specific topics.
All of our events are fully accessible and those who need interpreters to access events we sponsor are accommodated. Parents and other family members have access to funding assistance to support their participation in these events. Paraprofessionals and university students in education or rehabilitation fields attend many of these events free of charge or at a reduced rate.
Both ACVREP and SBEC continuing education credits are offered for most of our trainings. We are willing to apply for other specialized continuing education credits if requested; these requests and the approval process generally require 6-8 weeks. Please make your requests known to Kate Hurst at .
Currently Registering for:
Contact Kate Hurst, Statewide Staff Development Coordinator
Register for Training
You must register to participate in any of our events (webinars, workshops, conferences, etc.) Go to http://txtsbvi.escworks.net and check the Calendar of Sessions. You will need to create an account when you enter the system for the first time.