SCIVIS Registration IS OPEN
Hello Parents and Chaperones,
Below you will find the information for SCIVIS registration. You will have to either use the account from last year or create a new account. If you are using your account from last year you will need the account number. If you are creating a new account PLEASE be prepared to keep emails and write down information. The registration procedure will be completed entirely on line, with the exception of the SCUBA form for Advanced Academy trainees only.
- Your group coordinator, Dan Oates, will handle all billing for the SCIVIS program. You may have a local teacher who coordinates your local group. Early Arrival, Late Departure, Airport transportation, etc. will be handled through this account. Please send all payments to Dan Oates, 190 Armstrong St., Romney, WV 26757, unless your tuition is being paid to the USSRC Foundation, Inc. Payments do not need to be sent until August 1 and should be sent no later than August 20. Please note that clothing packages and flight suits will be the responsibility of the parent and will be paid for online during the registration process. The purchases are entirely optional! Credit cards are not accepted but payments through PayPal and wire transfer can be accepted.
- Links are provided below for EACH program. You must decide before you begin the registration process which program your child will be participating. Click on that specific link to register your child. If you are undecided about which program, please check with your individual group leader in your area, read below or contact Dan Oates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-851-5680.
See below for INSTRUCTIONS for filling out these forms
Please note if you are a chaperone or a parent who is bringing/sending participants to multiple programs that each link is specific to program.
are the links for the individual programs:
all open in a new tab. Keep instructions in one tab, fill out form in the other tab...
- Space Camp: Astronaut training which is mainly held in an indoor environment for students in 4th to 6th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 10-12. Students can attend the program at age 9 if they are in the 4th grade, had a previous away from home overnight camp experience and have the necessary daily living skills for independent living.
- Space Academy: Astronaut training which is mainly held in an indoor environment for students in 7th to 9th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 13-15. Students may attend this program if they are older if their academic abilities do not conform to an advanced academic program.
- Advanced Academy: Astronaut training which is mainly held in an indoor environment for students in 10th to 12th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 15 & up. Students who have previously attended Space Academy may opt to attend Advanced Academy in the 9th grade. NOTE: Trainees selecting this program should be considering attending a university program after graduation. Trainees will receive a one-hour college credit from the University of Alabama in Huntsville after graduation from the week's program. NOTE: Be sure you download and follow the instructions to complete the SCUBA form.
- Mach I: This is a Top Gun Fighter Pilot program with a military training component. While the flight simulators are indoors, many of the activities are held outdoors and are focused on water and land survival. This program is for students in 4th to 6th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 10-12. Students can attend the program at age 9 if they are in the 4th grade, had a previous away from home overnight camp experience and have the necessary daily living skills for independent living. NOTE: If there are not enough students registered for the MACH 1 program, trainees will be given the option of changing to MACH 2 or Space Camp.
- Mach II: This is a Top Gun Fighter Pilot program with a military training component. While the flight simulators are indoors, many of the activities are held outdoors and are focused on water and land survival. This program is for students in 7th to 9th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 13-15.
- Mach III: This is a Top Gun Fighter Pilot program with a military training component. While the flight simulators are indoors, many of the activities are held outdoors and are focused on water and land survival. This program is for students in 10th to 12th grade at the time of the SCIVIS, approx. age of 15 & up. Students who have previously attended MACH 2 may opt to attend MACH 3 in the 9th grade.
- Robotics: This a new program for SCIVIS. Trainees will build and program Lego Robots. We will experiment with flying and submersible robots. Teamwork, collaboration, and a bit of entrepreneurship also add to the experience. .This is an Academy level program - middle school - grades 7-9. We are looking for students interested/experienced in computers (don't have to be programming) and lego construction. We will take care of the rest.
Instructions for Parents
- after you click on one of the specific program links above you will see Register Online - Participant - if you are registered last year please click on RETURNING USER. If this is your first time registering a student since 2014, please click on NEW USER.
- Screen1 - Click on New User or Returning User to begin the process
- Screen 2: Select Options
- Parents MUST select the "Group Participant Tuition" at the top of the list.
- The parent will need to select any additional purchases such as Flight Suit and Clothing Package. These will need to be paid for at the parent level and 50% is due at the time of registration. Selecting these options are the financial responsibility of the parent and not SCIVIS!
- Screen 3: Participant Information
- Enter in all of the information for the participant in the program
- Under country the United States is first in the drop down menu
- Screen 4: Cart
- This is a summary of the options purchased and the cost. The only cost listed here should be if you chose to order the flight suit or clothing package.
- Please ignore the Coupon Code
- If there is more than one trainee from
same family, the parent can register another participant by selecting
<add new participant here> and repeat process for each participant
- Must click "Checkout" to confirm your registration
- Screen 5: Online Account and Billing
- Enter email addresses to be used and username and password for reentry into account information in Online Account Section. Please make sure this will be a working address throughout the registration process until camp is completed on Sept. 29. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THIS INFORMATION!!!!
- Billing Information
- This section captures any information for purchase of additional items
- This section must be completed even if no purchases made
- Payment Information - This will give you several options
- If no additional purchases were made you will see option for No Payment Required
- If additional purchases were made you
will receive option for Pay in Full or Pay deposit
- If you pay deposit only balance must be paid in full 60 days prior to start of camp
- Please read the waiver section below and accept the conditions of the waiver.
- Parent Safety Form
- School Information Form
- Transportation Form - Once plans are finalized. If you are traveling with a group please have that group leader notify Dan Oates of the group's plans. You may re-enter the system to complete the transportation arrangements if travel plans are not completed at the time of registration.
- Health Form - not be completed until after July 20
- Hometown News Release (optional)
- Scouting Information Form (optional)
- International Group Trainee Health & Diet Form - optional for international trainees in place of Health Form, listed above.
- Additional Information for Visually Impaired (REQUIRED)
Remember to keep all of the information available to do that. Chaperones registering a student will need the information below on those students.
- The name used for registering the trainee
- Program registered
- Account ID
- Participant ID
- Your email address used for registration
- Your password
- When you get to this website there will be a drop down menu
- Select program for which you registered your trainee
- There will be a list of forms both required and optional
- Once you have completed/updated all of these forms please go back to the drop down menu at the top and click on the down arrow
- At the bottom of the list you will see - SCIVIS Additional Forms. If you have not completed this form before please do so.