The Outreach Programs provide information, training, and supports related to students with visual impairments and deafblindness for families, schools and communities. The programs included in providing these services are:
- Family Engagement for Students with Visual Impairments or Deafblindness
- Visually Impaired Outreach Program
- Texas Deafblind Outreach Program
- Mentor Program and New VI Professional Page
- APH Materials Program
- Student Data Program (VI Registry and Deafblind Child Count)
- Statewide Staff Development Program
- Technology Loan Program
Request a Service
- Contact or Information from one of our Family Engagement Specialists.
- Infant / Toddler Consultation: Consultation for a child (birth to 3) either in the home or in a program setting.
- Student Consultation: Consultation on an individual student (3-21) related to programming concerns.
- Theory to Practice Consultation: Focused consultation or training related to a specific programming topic(s) that may apply to more than one student or more than one teacher.
- Request training/workshop or find out more about the workshops we can bring to you.
- Contact us if you have a question, concern or want to comment on our services: email to email@example.com or phone 512-206-9268.
- Request TX SenseAbilities: TX SenseAbilities is a newsletter on issues related to students with visual impairment and deafblindness, available in print, downloadable from the web, in podcast and in braille. If you would like to have a copy mailed to you download and complete the subscription form (MS Word - 38k). (Note: Paper copies are free to Texas families of students with visual impairments, including deafblindness. If you are not a Texas family and would like a paper copy mailed to you, there is a $10 annual subscription fee.)
Register for Events
All of our events (webinars, workshops and conferences) require a registration in our new online system. Follow the links for each separate event or go to http://txtsbvi.escworks.net and view the Calendar of Sessions. You will need to create an account the first time you enter the site. If there is a fee for the registration, you will be asked for a PO or check number during registration. If you do not have the number at the time of registration, simply enter 0000 in that box. You can send in payment or bring it with you to the event. Beginning in August you may also submit payment using a credit card.
Register for any TSBVI Outreach Training Event (Webinar, Workshop or Conference)
Registration is now open for:
- Braille Boot Camp: Braille and Tactile Graphic Production (August 11-14, 2015) - Full registering for "Waiting List" only at this time
- October Mentor Center (registration opens August 1, 2015)
Evaluate Our Services
- Consultation Evaluation: This evaluation form contains questions about the onsite consultation you received from the Outreach Programs. Please down load the form by selecting the link labeled "Consulation Evaluation". Fill out the checkboxes and edit fields, then attach it to an email and send it to Cyral Miller, Outreach Director at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . We very much value and appreciate your feedback.
- Evaluacíon de Consulta: Esta forma de evaluación contiene preguntas sobre la consulta en el sitio que ha recibido de los Programas de Alcance a la comunidad. Por favor, de cargar el formulario al seleccionar el enlace" Evaluación de Consulta". Rellene las casillas de verificación y campos de edición, y luego adjúntelo a un correo electrónico y envíelo a Cyral Miller, Director del Programa de Extensión en la dirección de correo electrónico: email@example.com. Valoramos mucho y agradecemos sus comentarios
A series of nationally sponsored family phone calls, free to families, conducted in Spanish are currently being presented. One is for families with children who have hearing and vision problems and one is specifically for families of children with CHARGE.