The Outreach Programs provide information, training, and supports related to students with visual impairments and deafblindness for families, schools and communities. The programs included in providing these services are:
- News About 2015 Federal Quota Funds
- Family Engagement for Students with Visual Impairments or Deafblindness
- Visually Impaired Outreach Program
- Texas Deafblind Outreach Program
- Mentor Program and New VI Professional Page
- APH Materials Program
- Student Data Program (VI Registry and Deafblind Child Count)
- Statewide Staff Development Program
- Technology Loan Program
Request a Service
- Contact or Information from one of our Family Engagement Specialists.
- Infant / Toddler Consultation: Consultation for a child (birth to 3) either in the home or in a program setting.
- Student Consultation: Consultation on an individual student (3-21) related to programming concerns.
- Theory to Practice Consultation: Focused consultation or training related to a specific programming topic(s) that may apply to more than one student or more than one teacher.
- Request training/workshop or find out more about the workshops we can bring to you.
- Contact us if you have a question, concern or want to comment on our services: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 512-206-9268.
- Request TX SenseAbilities: TX SenseAbilities is a newsletter on issues related to students with visual impairment and deafblindness, available in print, downloadable from the web, in podcast and in braille. If you would like to have a copy mailed to you download and complete the subscription form (MS Word - 38k). (Note: Paper copies are free to Texas families of students with visual impairments, including deafblindness. If you are not a Texas family and would like a paper copy mailed to you, there is a $10 annual subscription fee.)
Register for Events
All of our events (webinars, TETN Broadcasts, workshops and conferences) require a registration in our new online system. Follow the links for each separate event or go to http://txtsbvi.escworks.net and view the Calendar of Sessions. You will need to create an account the first time you enter the site. If there is a fee for the registration, you will be asked for a PO or check number during registration. If you do not have the number at the time of registration, simply enter 0000 in that box. You can send in payment or bring it with you to the event.
Register for any TSBVI Outreach Training Event (Webinar, TETN Broadcast, Workshop or Conference)
Registration is now open for:
- Sensing, Acting, Learning: Strategies for learners with visual and multiple impairments (January 29-30, 2015)
- 2015 Texas Symposium on Deafblindness (February 20th-21st) and Symposium Preconference (February 19th)
- February Mentor Center (February 8th-10th)
- April Mentor Center (April 26th-28th)
Evaluate Our Services
- School or Home Consultation Evaluation
- Delayed viewing of TETN or Webinar: If you are seeking continuing education credits for viewing one of our archived TETN broadcasts or webinars for 2014-15 you must complete the Delayed Viewing Verification Form and fax or email it to Carrie Keith at 512-206-9320 or email@example.com. Once this form is received, we will send you a code to use when you go on-line to complete the evaluation. Your certificate will be emailed to you after that time.
A series of nationally sponsored family phone calls, free to families, conducted in Spanish are currently being presented. One is for families with children who have hearing and vision problems and one is specifically for families of children with CHARGE.