A Personal Welcome to Families from Texas Deafblind Project
The Texas Deafblind Project believes that parents and other family members are at the "heart" of creating enriched learning opportunities for children with deafblindness. We provide information, connections, and training that fit each family's individual style. We also partner with family organizations and state agencies to provide coordinated services for families within their communities.
Families are welcomed to connect with a family engagement specialist to:
- Talk about family matters, including their child's community involvement, school program, and related supports.
- Request training on a variety of topics for having children with combined vision and hearing loss or deafblindness.
- Explore Family Leadership Training.
- Request financial assistance to participate in training, including funding for travel, lodging, registration, childcare, and meals.
- Learn more about special education, visual impairments, family organizations, Medicaid waivers, resources for transition to adulthood, and other needs.