Chapter 1: Issues for the new professional
Chapter 1 Overview
In this chapter you will learn about some general issues related to new VI professionals.
- New professionals in education have issues different from new professionals in other settings.
- New professionals who don't get support may not do their job well, feel ineffective, and end up leaving the profession.
- Expectations for new professionals vs. those for experienced professionals
- The isolating nature of the job of the VI professional
- Retention rate of new professionals in education
- Phases of teacher attitudes
- The double barrier to assistance
- The new professionals speak!