Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
Announcements, News & Current Events
- Author Dwaines Lawless, once a teacher at TSBVI, will be present at a book signing / meet the author event at Learning Ally located at 1314 West 45th Street in Austin, TX on Thursday, October 15th, at 6pm. She will be introducing her book "Cajun Moon", a mystery filled with Cajun tradition in which the main character is a teacher of the blind / visually impaired in Louisiana. Proceeds from book sales benefit Learning Ally.
- TSBVI is hosting the LONE STAR CLASSIC, a youth Goalball tournament the weekend of October 2nd-3rd, 2015. Ten youth advanced teams from Florida, Arizona, and, of course, the best teams in the state of Texas will compete. Come out and support our student athletes! The event will also have live video streaming on Saturday, October 3, 2015.
- FYI - from our friends at AFB: H.R. 3535 The Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act Introduced
- 2015 SWOMA Conference is now open for registration! Check out the details.
- Susan Osterhaus quoted at ScientificComputing.com - Talking Scientific Calculator Breaks Down Barriers for Visually Impaired (Posted 09/02/15)
- The 5th Annual Bring Your Boss To Work Week is November 9-13, 2015 and details are now available.
- The Texas Unified English Braille Transition Plan has been released. (Posted 08/25/15)
- From the Washington Post, WebAIM Launches "Teaching Accessibility" site in observance of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Registration for the 2015 Getting In Touch With Literacy Conference, November 18-21, 2015 is open!
- 2015-2016 School Calendar in Word and PDF formats.
- Sordoceguera_Información en Español
For additional articles and resources that have been featured on our home page, visit the Home Page Archive.